Friday, August 2nd
Show Begins at 9am at the Fairgrounds at Archer
English, Western, and Gymkhana
Entries start at 8am, Show to begin at 9am
Entry Fees: $5.00/class with 100% payback
Premium Payout formula to be followed with the conclusion of the show.
Per Class Placings:
- 1 - 100%
- 2 - 4 60% 40%
- 5 - 9 40% 30% 20% 10%
- 10 - 14 35% 25% 20% 12% 8%
- 15 - 19 30% 24% 18% 13% 9% 6%
- 20 - 25% 20% 16% 14% 10% 8% 7%
In the event not enough riders qualify in a division for monies to be paid, the money which is unaccounted for shall be divided equally among those who have placed in the division. In the event no riders qualify in a division, the prize money for that division shall be equally divided among the qualified riders in the other divisions of the class.
Rules for LCF Open Show and Gymkhana:
- Animal Welfare: Every horse, at all times, is treated humanely and with dignity, respect, and compassion. The standard by which conduct or treatment will be measured is that which a reasonable person informed and experienced in generally accepted equine training and exhibition procedure or veterinary standards would determine cruel, abusive, or inhumane.
- General adoption of AQHA Rules and USEF Rules: The Current Official Rules and Regulations of the American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) and United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) govern this Show and Gymkhana, except as otherwise stated within this document.
- Conflicts in Rules: Whenever a conflict exists, LCF Open show rules shall apply.
- For all events, there is a 2-minute gate call. After 2 minutes the gate will be closed. If the contestant is having trouble entering the gate, they have an additional 1 minute, and may be offered assistance.
- Horsemanship regulations and disqualifying infractions:
- All eliminations, dismissals, and disqualifications will be at the discretion of a judge and/or show officials, and the decision is final. Contestant will not be entitled to a refund for any class.
- Age of a Horse: The age of the horse will be based on all horses having a January 1 birth date.
- Stallions are prohibited from this event.
Horse Show/Gymkhana Divisions*:
- Novice: 10 yrs and under
- Youth: 11 yrs to 17 yrs
- Open: 18 yrs and Over
*Rider’s age will be determined as of January 1 of the current year.
- Hunter Under Saddle (English Pleasure)
- Hunt Seat Equitation (English Equitation)
- Hack (Jumping)
- Western Classes:
- Western Pleasure
- Western Equitation
- Gymkhana Events:
- Barrel Race
- Pole Pending
- Speed Barrel Pattern
Acceptable AQHA western and USEF English attire must be worn
Points are awarded as follows:
- 1st place: 6 points
- 2nd place: 5 points
- 3rd place: 4 points
- 4th place: 3 points
- 5th place: 2 points
- 6th place: 1 points
Speed Event Safety and Information
- A safety helmet (ASTM/SEI certified) is highly recommended for use when competing in speed events. However, if a contestant is wearing a Western hat, some method of restraint must be used to ensure the hat does not come off. Hats are optional for all speed events.
- A horse will enter an arena the quickest and safest way whether it is led or ridden; however, after a horse and rider are in the arena, all gates will be closed and the rider will complete the pattern.
- Acceptable western attire must be worn.
- For speed events the using of a hackamore or other type of bridle is an option; however, an event official, or a judge may prohibit the use of bits or equipment he or she may consider severe or inhumane. Contestants have the option of using a tie-down.
- The judge or show official will be allowed to eliminate an entry or call a no time if either the rider or horse:
- Fails to begin the pattern within two minutes after arena entry and gate closure.
- Falls while riding the pattern.
- Displays any kind of cruelty whether or not it is specifically mentioned in the rules.
- Crosses the finish line before completing the prescribed pattern.
For additional information regarding the Open Horse Show call the Fair Office.